Here's all you need to know for the Sales Tax Holiday Aug 7-9:
During this sales tax holiday period, Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as discretionary sales surtax) will be collected on:
• purchases of clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item,
• purchases of certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and
• the first $1,000 of the sales price of personal computers and certain computer-related accessories, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• books that are not otherwise exempt;
• computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes;
• rentals or leases of any eligible items;
• repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
• sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
Reference: Section 30, Chapter 2020-10, Laws of Florida